Program and pricing
The program is given over several days
The dates are determined in consultation with the participants
We take enough time to treat everything thoroughly
The program in taught in English
The mentoring program is divided over several parts
We use ZOOM for teleconferencing
You can request the manual in advance
No strings attached
- Introduction to the instructor and fellow participants
- What questions are there?
- Brief explanation of the course
- Course dates
- What is the model? – the most important question from your career!
- Data, model, information, knowledge – what’s the difference?
- Least squares – again
- Data massage – what is it?
- Bayes’ theorem – probabilities
- Discrete and continuous distributions
- Maximum likelihood – not good enough
- Priors, priors, priors – you can’t do without!
- Posterior solution – it contains everything
- Predictions and missing data (imputation)
- Model selection – the most important part!
- Nonlinear models – always difficult
- Monte Carlo – the future
- Pitfalls – always more pitfalls
- What did you learn?
- What did you miss?
- Individual help with specific questions
What do you learn in the course?
Bayes in Action is a short and effective online training that helps you to master the basics of Bayesian regression.
The goal is to demonstrate professional data analysis. All topics are explained with examples, but with as little mathematics as possible.
The program is at a MSc – PhD level of thinking.
There is ample time to answer your questions and for an extensive substantive discussion.
Dr. Romke Bontekoe
is your trainer. He has learned Bayesian statistics in practice. Simply by applying Bayes to challenges where standard methods did not work. But where his gut feeling was that there had to be a solution.
is now 60+ years and regards it is time to transfer his knowledge and experience to the younger generation. He holds a PhD in astronomy (1988) from the University of Groningen.